April 6, 2015

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW...

...Don't you just love ambiguous blog titles?  I do.  You know the kind that leads you to think "what in the world is this post going to be about?). As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so when you look at this one you'll probably agree with that adage.

Compared to previous pictures, I can definitely see more clearly now.  I don't know how in the world my cutting table becomes so junkie.  I guess one piece/pile of junk (i.e., mail, magazines, clothing, shoes, etc.) at a time because it certainly doesn't happen all at once or even over night.  

  • Need to un-junk the living room real quick because company just called and they're on the way over?

  • Don't know where to put/store a particular item - just chunk it up on the cutting table?

  •  Need to sort through paperwork to prepare for filing taxes not to worry, the cutting table also serves as a glorified desk - it's a real clutter suck?

  • Don't take time to eliminate that junk mail as it comes through the door.  Look; isn't that a tiny clear spot on the cutting table? - might as well fill it up. 

    Not to mention that a junked up cutting surface seriously impedes sewing motivation because of rule #1:   you need to cut before you sew.  Hopefully I can keep this thing clear so I can finally get back to sewing....







mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
















19 comments:

  1. I usually have to cut out on the dining room table because my cutting table is too cluttered. Luckily we don't use the dining room all that often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cutting on the dining room table, mmmm that's a great idea. But of course mine is also a dumping ground for mail etc.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous4/07/2015

    Your cutting table sounds like my ironing board! I'm meant to fold it up and put it away when I'm done but why would I do that when I could leave it out and out every sewing related item I own on it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. My ironing board stays up and it serves as an extension of the cutting table to pile junk on.

      Delete
  3. 'Junk' ~ means 'used to build new things' in my books = lots of sewing plans ... enjoy getting back into sewing real soon ... J

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to getting back in it Judity!

      Delete
  4. Looks good! lol I'm getting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand Tasha - it is a process!

      Delete
  5. Since I do and store everything on the same table (an old dining room table) my table always looks full

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have got to stop piling stuff up on my table. It is such a hard habit to break.

      Delete
  6. Yay for a clear cutting table! We had relatives visiting over the weekend so guess where all the junk I cleared out of the house went...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice and clear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's day three, I'm concentrating on keeping it this way.

      Delete
  8. Ahh, junk, Yes, I used to keep the dining room but now I realise that it is more important to keep the cutting table clear. I've found the floor is a great place to file tax papers etc! Under and around the dining table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paper clutter is driving me up the wall! I own two shredders that need to work overtime.

      Delete
  9. that is why I'll never put a skirt around my table, I'm afraid of what'll go under there lol! my new sewing room is twice the size & yet I can't get it finished, go figure lol! I think we should make a sign that says "a clean sewing room is an unused sewing room" ha ha!

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, now you have a clear cutting space! I'm fanatic about destroying junk mail and filing paperwork, but I've been known to start 4 projects at once because, hey! Look! 6 yards of fabric will make a couple of dresses and a jacket and a top and....oh, no, where do I start....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Faye with clear cutting comes clear fabulous project ...lol.....

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...