July 12, 2015

OPPORTINITIES TO COLLECT WARM FUZZIES...

...

I'll be joining forces with Rachelle of Smoking Needles blog  in one of her Church Outreach Ministry projects.  They have set a goal to make and send 500 scarves to the women in a Ugandan village as gifts. The project production end date has been set for August 31st.  The finished measurements of the scarves need to be 21 x 21 inches, large enough to be worn as head scarves or neckerchiefs.  Guess I need to get busy finishing up my jean jacket, put a new blade in my rotary cutter and get some production started.  This ought to be a good way to bust some stash - wouldn't you say??? Giving always leaves me with such WARM FUZZIES.  If you'd like to join in, for more information on this project please refer to Rachelle's blog.



Last July I participated in Simple Simon and Company's SKIRTING THE ISSUE PROJECT.  That project gathers lovely handmade skirts that are donated to school aged foster children from your own state.  It only took a little bit of my time to fashion up 2 cute little skirts that I'm sure 2 little girls enjoyed wearing to school.  I busted a little stash, and it left me with a warm fuzzy feeling so it was a win win situation.  They are shooting for 1,000 skirts this year.  I think I'll join in again this year as well...

1 comment:

  1. I'm planning to sew a few scarves for the project also. Need to dig thru the stash for some appropriate fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR LOOKING IN. YOUR COMMENTS ARE ALWAYS APPRECIATED!!!

Paying Homage to Black Pattern Designers...

...for years February has been set aside as a special time to learn about and recognize accomplishments of African Americans and other peopl...